Who We Are
Campaign for Uyghurs (CFU) was founded in 2017 and works to promote and advocate for the human rights and democratic freedoms of Uyghurs and other Turkic people in East Turkistan. It mobilizes individuals and the international community and builds bridges to take action on behalf of and to raise public awareness of the Uyghur genocide with a special focus on women and youth, and to activate persons and entities to work together to stop the genocide against Uyghurs. CFU also aims to build solidarity between different communities that have faced persecution by the Chinese Communist regime. CFU was recently awarded the Organizational Award for Exceptional Achievement by the World Uyghur Congress, as well as the Democracy Courage Tribute Award 2021 by the World Movement For Democracy.
- The ideal candidate must be passionate and deeply cares about human rights, democracy, and religious freedom related issues.
- Strong research, writing, and editing experience.
- Experience in campaigning, social media management, and digital advocacy.
- Mission-driven and detail oriented.
- Extensive knowledge of Google Docs suite, WordPress.
- Previously worked in human rights democracy, political science majors are preferred.
- Fluency in other languages are a plus.
- Must be in the DC area.
Please send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.